Friday, May 28, 2010

Random Musings

Since I wandered off plan yesterday, I decided to keep on going. That's when all of the best things happen anyway, don't you think? I mean...the kids and I have the best times, the most fun when we just get in the car and drive. You never quite know where we're going to end up. We've been to really cool places we didn't know were even there because we picked a direction and used the GPS to find cool things along the way. A few weeks ago we found the greatest children's museum, we've been to county fairs, general stores and flea markets. (Buddy was very upset not to find fleas shopping there) We've been to the Pickle Festival, the Marshmallow Valley Fest and Turtle Days. The world is full of wonder and there's always a cool place to stop for ice cream on the way home.

But that's kind of like life isn't it? When I was a little girl, I'm pretty sure I never curled up under my covers at night and dreamed of being a sleep deprived single mom. I'm sure I never fathomed I'd cross several continents and theBut that's the path I followed and I wouldn't change it. Even for a double scoop of mint chocolate chip. I've found some pretty wonderful things along the way, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment