Monday, June 14, 2010

Back to our regular scheduled programing...

Last week's topic went a little around the bend, so I guess I'll come back to what we were talking about last week. Just to refresh your memory and mind, it was the decision to adopt vs. the motivation to adopt.

When I first thought about it, I assumed they were pretty much the same thing. But the more I though about it, the more I realized that they were pretty different.

I've been considering for some time, adopting another child. But I hadn't really made a decision or been motivated to do much about it. When I starting looking serously, I realized that the prices had dramatically increased these last four years...and they had certainly out paced my income.

International Adoption is pretty much just out. There is no way I can afford any programs that I am eligible for, being single.

I'm considering foster to adopt and Domestic African American adoption. Both make me nervous. Foster to Adopt because it might not work out and if I didn't it would probably break my heart and AA adoption because birth mother's choose the parents.

It just brings back visions of elementary school gym class and always being chosen last :-)

But serously, the thought of competing for a child makes me nervous and I'm not sure it's for me.

For right now, I'm not sure what I'm going to do. I guess I'll just have to wait and see what path God has waiting for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment